- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney has found its Lady.
Tessa Thompson will voice the upscale Cocker Spaniel opposite Justin Theroux’s Tramp in Disney’s live-action/CGI hybrid remake of Lady and the Tramp.
The Lego Ninjago Movie filmmaker Charlie Bean is directing the remake, which is expected to debut on Disney’s upcoming digital streaming service, which is set to launch in 2019. Andrew Bujalski wrote the script. Jessica Virtue and Chaz Salembier are overseeing for Disney.
Ashley Jensen is set to play Scottish Terrier Jackie, while Doctor Strange star Benedict Wong has been cast to voice English bulldog Bull. Kiersey Clemons will play the human character Darling, the owner of Lady.
Thompson is currently in theaters with Boots Riley’s Sorry to Bother You and will star in the upcoming Men in Black spinoff, opposite her Thor: Ragnarok colleague Chris Hemsworth. She is repped by Greene & Associates, Mosaic and Jackoway Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day