- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Landmark Theatres, the nationwide art house circuit owned by Mark Cuban and Todd Wagner, will partner with Los Angeles-based Arthouse Marketing Group to form a cinema ad-sales company.
Based in Santa Monica, Spotlight Cinema Networks will sell onscreen advertising for about 400 screens, officials said Thursday. Landmark senior vp sales Michael Sakin has been tapped as executive vp sales and marketing, and Arthouse marketing managing director Jerry Rakfeldt has been appointed president.
“Spotlight Cinema Networks is the first major cinema-advertising organization focusing on niche audiences within the greater cinema space,” Sakin said. “Cinema is a highly effective medium and has experienced tremendous growth during the past five years. While other cinema vendors have done an excellent job focusing on providing opportunities to reach the general cinema audience, Spotlight will be the first niche platform to enable marketers to target their brand message to their specific customers.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day