- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the May 17 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
In a setup so ripe for satire it probably wouldn’t fly on Curb Your Enthusiasm, THR has learned that famously socially awkward fussbudget Larry David will escort his 17-year-old daughter Romy to the super-posh, protocol-intensive Crillon debutante ball in Paris on Nov. 30.
Taking place this fall in a private club immediately adjacent to the five-star Hotel de Crillon (the storied lodging is currently undergoing a renovation), the two-decades-old charity event sees 25 mademoiselles from prominent international families presented in couture gowns each year. Lily Collins and Scout and Tallulah Willis have taken part in the haute hullabaloo during the past few years, along with the daughters of Rosanna Arquette, Sylvester Stallone, Andie MacDowell, and Carrie Fisher and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day