- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Danish sales outfit TrustNordisk inked pre-sale deals in Cannes for the upcoming film with, among others, California Filmes for Latin America, September for Benelux, Gutek for Poland and Moviecloud for Taiwan.
The deals were done without any cast yet attached to the film. Von Trier plans to finalize the cast this summer for a planned fall shoot.
The film is the story of Jack, a serial killer who has spent a decade aspiring to the art of the perfect murder. It will be set in the 1970s and 1980s, before DNA evidence was used in murder cases. The movie will be shot from Jack’s perspective.
The House That Jack Built was originally planned as a TV series. Louise Vesth, who will produce the movie through von Trier’s shingle Zentropa, unveiled in Cannes that von Trier plans to split the shoot into two parts so he can edit part of the film in between and adjust things for the second half of the shoot if desired.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day