- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
They remade Total Recall, but the first look at The Last Stand proves that you can’t replace Arnold Schwarzenegger.
While the action star-turned-politician makes an appearance in this weekend’s Expendables 2, he makes his true, leading-man return in Korean director Jee-Woon Kim‘s American debut, in which he plays a border-town sheriff nearing retirement.
The plan for relaxation gets waylaid, however, when a drug cartel makes the very careless mistake of deciding that, with all the unpatrolled land along the American-Mexican divide, it has to choose the small, arid patch the hulking lawman has sworn to protect, no matter the cost in blood or vehicles.
He’s joined in the film by Forest Whitaker, Luis Guzman, Genesis Rodriguez and Johnny Knoxville (obviously). The action thrill ride roars into theaters in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day