- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Earth’s Mightiest Heroes are under siege in the newly released poster for this summer’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, with Captain America, Iron Man et al surrounded by a host of flying robots — although not all of them are definitely bad guys.
Alongside another glimpse of Paul Bettany’s Vision — this time obscured by the sun behind him, in a pose interestingly reminiscent of a well-known Superman comic — the poster also offers a good look at Scarlett Johannson’s Black Widow’s new outfit, complete with Tron-esque glowing lines, as well as a revised look for Captain America (Chris Evans) with bolder colors.
Missing from the image is James Spader’s robotic alter ego, with Ultron replaced by an army of flying Ultron drones, and newcomers Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson) preparing to fight alongside the more familiar heroes against the onslaught — not a surprise to comic book fans who recognize the characters as longtime Avengers, but perhaps spoiling their turn toward the bright side for those unfamiliar who have only seen them in trailers apparently working alongside Ultron.
Avengers: Age of Ultron is released May 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day