- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Riga, the capital of the tiny Baltic nation of Latvia, will play host to the 27th European Film Awards on Dec. 13, 2014.
It will mark the second time the EFAs, Europe’s leading film honor, will be held in the Baltic states, following the 2010 event in Tallinn, Estonia. The European film gala will tie in with a series of events being held in Riga next year as part of the capital being named a European capital of culture.
The EFA ceremony alternates between Berlin and another European city every year. The 2012 event was held in Malta and this year’s gala will return to the German capital.
The European Film Awards are presented by the European Film Academy and EFA Productions.
The 2014 event will be organized by Foundation Riga 2013 with financial backing from the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia and the Riga City Council, as well as German Federal Film Board, the German State Lottery Berlin, the German State Minister for Culture and the Media, the EU’s MEDIA program, the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg and event sponsor, parcel delivery company GLS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown