- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Laura Linney, the three-time Oscar-nominated actress known for her dramatic work, is picking up a pair of nunchuks and joining the cast of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
The Paramount sequel, based on the 1980s comic that spawned toys, cartoons and movies, is in production in New York.
Megan Fox and Will Arnett are back for the sequel, which also has newcomers such as Arrow star Stephen Amell and Tyler Perry — the latter another brow-raising casting.
Details about Linney’s role are being kept hidden deep in the sewers.
Michael Bay, Bradley Fuller and Andrew Form are producing.
Linney has stayed away from big-studio franchise movies until TMNT 2, but the actress, now a new mom with a 1-year-old under her belt, is becoming open to projects that are geared toward younger audiences.
Her more recent movies have been a mix of period pieces and dramas, ranging from Hyde Park on Hudson to The Fifth Estate. She is currently onscreen opposite Ian McKellen in Mr. Holmes and also has the all-star 1920s literary drama Genius — with Colin Firth, Guy Pearce, Jude Law and Nicole Kidman — in the can.
Linney is repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day