- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“The goal here is simple: to bring someone back from the dead.” With those few words, the trailer for The Lazarus Effect tells you everything you need to know about the movie itself: namely, things are not going to end well.
Well, almost everything you need to know. As the midway point of the trailer for David Gelb’s horror story reveals, it’s more than just dogs that discover life after death this time around — it’s one of the scientists responsible, played by Olivia Wilde. Sure enough, before too long, mirrors are shattering, creepy stares are being given and Wilde’s character is revealed to have a gift for understatement. “I think something’s wrong,” she says. Yeah, no kidding.
(If you’re wondering why the words “John 11” keep flashing onscreen, you might want to brush up on your Bible Studies; chapter 11 of the Gospel of John tells the story of Jesus bringing a man back to life four days after his death. That man’s name, of course, was Lazarus.)
Starring alongside Wilde in the movie are Mark Duplass, Donald Glover and X-Men: Days of Future Past’s Evan Peters. The Lazarus Effect opens Feb. 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day