- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Joe Roth and his Roth Films partner Palek Patel, fresh off the opening-weekend success of Oz the Great and Powerful, have set up Brilliance, an upcoming novel by Marcus Sakey, at Legendary Pictures.
Taking cues from the Marvel X-Men franchise, the book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
The book is due to hit stores in July and is intended to be part of a trilogy.
Alex Hedlund will oversee for Legendary.
Sakey is repped by CAA and Scott Miller at Trident Media Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Chris Hemsworth Says Director Criticisms of MCU Are “Super Depressing,” Chalks Mixed ‘Thor 4’ Reviews Up to Movie Being “Too Silly”
‘White Men Can’t Jump’ Star Laura Harrier on Remixing the 1992 Classic, ‘Spider-Man’ Memories and ‘BlacKkKlansman’ Impact
Rachel Sennott, Ayo Edebiri Start a High School Fight Club to Hook Up With Cheerleaders in ‘Bottoms’ Trailer
‘The Flash’ Review: Ezra Miller Brings Kinetic Energy to a Movie Caught Up in Nostalgic DC Fan Service