- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zach Galifianakis is in final negotiations to voice the villain in Lego Batman, Warner Bros.’ spinoff of The Lego Movie.
Galifianakis will voice Batman’s classic archenemy, the Joker, joining Will Arnett, who is reprising the role of the Caped Crusader he originated in Lego Movie. Michael Cera recently came on board to voice the hero’s sidekick, Robin.
Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the custodians of the Lego screen brand, are producing.
Chris McKay, the animation supervisor on Lego Movie, is directing the project, which has a script written by author-screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith.
Galifianakis stars in Masterminds, an ensemble comedy that was to have been released by Relativity this fall but is now postponed indefinitely as that company undergoes bankruptcy. He just wrapped shooting Fox 2000’s comedy Keeping Up with the Joneses with Gal Gadot and Jon Hamm, and will be appearing in Baskets, the TV show he is exec producing with Louis C.K.
The actor, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Morris Yorn, is no stranger to animation voicework, with credits ranging from DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots to The Simpsons and Bob’s Burgers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day