- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A surprise second glimpse behind the cowl for Lego Batman has arrived.
“I heard you blew up the Twittersphere about my sweet new feature film, The Lego Batman Movie,” Will Arnett’s blockheaded Dark Knight says in introduction to the new tease. “When you’re as super as me, you don’t just get one trailer — you get two trailers in one week.”
The second teaser opens with Batman talking to a portrait of his dead parents, before being interrupted by Alfred (voiced by Ralph Fiennes), who points out that the Caped Crusader has quite a tendency to do that kind of thing. (“I’ve seen you go through similar phases in 2016, and 2012, and 2008 and 2005, in 1997, in 1995, in 1992, in 1989 and that weird one in 1966,” he points out, naming the dates of the various live-action Batman movies so far.)
For those wondering what villains to expect in the new movie, a brief scene shows a literal rogues gallery of threats: the Penguin, the Riddler, Killer Croc, Catwoman, Bane, Clayface, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Two-Face and the Scarecrow. Still absent: the Joker, who’ll be voiced by Zack Galifianakis.
Directed by Chris McKay, The Lego Batman Movie is scheduled to be released Feb. 10, 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tokyo Film Festival