- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosario Dawson will be a member of the Bat-family in Lego Batman, Warner Bros.’ spinoff of The Lego Movie.
Will Arnett is reprising the Caped Crusader role he originated in Lego Movie. Michael Cera is voicing the hero’s sidekick, Robin, while Zach Galifianakis is in negotiations to play the Joker.
Dawson will voice Barbara Gordon, the daughter of police commissioner James Gordon who later becomes the crime-fighting heroine Batgirl.
Chris McKay, the animation supervisor on Lego Movie, is directing the project, which has a script written by author-screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith.
Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the custodians of the Lego screen brand, are producing.
Dawson is a huge comic book fan (she even co-created her own comic, O.C.T.: Occult Crimes Taskforce) who recently wrapped shooting a co-starring role on season two of Netflix and Marvel’s Daredevil, playing the Night Nurse, a character she will also play in Netflix and Marvel’s Luke Cage.
The actress is no stranger to voice work, having loaned her pipes to Wonder Woman in DC’s Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Artemis in Wonder Woman.
She is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day