- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Having dealt with the collective threat of Doctor Doom, Loki and Galactus, it would make sense to imagine that the Lego Marvel Super Heroes were due for a rest — but, as the launch trailer for the follow-up to the massively successful 2013 video game makes clear, they’ll instead have to deal with their biggest challenge yet. One that extends throughout the past, present and future of Marvel lore.
The villain at the center of the new game — co-written by award-winning comic book writer Kurt Busiek — is none other than Kang the Conqueror, a time-traveling bad guy who scatters the heroes (and the players) across time, offering up the chance to visit all manner of Marvel comic book settings, including the alien planet of Sakarr from Planet Hulk, the future of Spider-Man 2099, and the city of Chronopolis, a futuristic town Kong likes to call home.
In order to deal with this threat, the game offers up a number of fan-favorite heroes as playable characters including Captain America, Doctor Strange, Iron Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy. In fact, the trailer suggests that both baby and full-size Groot will make appearances during the game.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day