- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first pieces of The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part have arrived.
The trailer for the movie reunites some of the familiar faces from the 2014 hit, including regular guy turned Master Builder Emmet Brickowoski (Chris Pratt) and Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks). Other characters returning for the film include Batman (Will Arnett), Superman (Channing Tatum) and Green Lantern (Jonah Hill). New characters include Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi (Tiffany Haddish), Sweet Mayhem (Stephanie Beatriz) and Ice Cream Cone (Arturo Castro).
Phil Lord and Chris Miller directed the first film, which earned $469.1 million for Warner Bros., and are producing the latest installment. This time around, Mike Mitchell is directing, with Dan Lin and Roy Lee also producing.
The Second Part takes place five years after the events of the original, and finds the citizens of Bricksburg facing the threat of outerspace invaders known as Lego Duplo. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Batman and other heroes must go to outerspace in order to stop the threat.
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part is set for Feb. 8, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day