- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the success of The Lego Movie‘s first weekend — and its critical acclaim — didn’t convince you of the appeal of watching a bunch of blockheads for a couple of hours, here’s something that might help: Two and a half minutes of “bloopers” from the movie.
Mixing what seems to be genuine outtakes from recording — man, I felt that “bank teller” thing a bit too much — and specially created bits of animation all too familiar to those who spent too much of their childhood with badly constructed Lego sets, the video manages to capture a lot of the charm of the movie.
The Lego Movie opened last weekend with an impressive $69.1 million weekend take, prompting Warners’ Dan Fellman to say that the studio would “definitely be talking very shortly about [more] plans for Lego.” Consider this video a taste of things to come, then.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Many Saints of Newark