- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson, Nick Offerman and Alison Brie have joined the cast of Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures’ Lego 3D animated film.
The movie, which is in production, also stars Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett and Morgan Freeman.
Pratt is voice-starring as Emmet, a regular Lego minifigure mistakenly identified as the key to saving the world, according to Warners and Village Roadshow. He’s drafted into a quest to stop an evil tyrant – but he’s not ready.
According to the companies, Ferrell will play President Business, a CEO who has a hard time balancing world domination and managing his own life. Neeson is the henchman, simply known as Bad Cop.
Offerman (NBC’s Parks and Recreation) is a revenge-seeking pirate, while Larson will be a member of Emmet’s team with “a powerful secret.”
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are directing and wrote the screenplay. Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman as well as Lord and Miller will receive “story by” credit, based on Lego construction toys.
Dan Lin and Roy Lee are producing the movie, which is scheduled for release Feb. 7, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day