- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leonardo DiCaprio, via his Appian Way banner, will produce a film about music producer Sam Phillips.
Paramount and Appian Way have acquired Peter Guralnick’s book Sam Phillips: The Man Who Invented Rock ‘N’ Roll. DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson will develop the film, with DiCaprio also playing Phillips, the founder of Memphis-based Sun Studio, which worked with stars Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ike Turner and Johnny Cash.
Producers include Mick Jagger, Victoria Pearman, Steve Bing, Ian Montone, Rick Yorn and Guralnick.
Appian Way, which signed a first-look deal with Paramount in March, also recently signed on to develop a Captain Planet movie, as The Hollywood Reporter exclusively reported.
DiCaprio, who was last seen as an actor in The Revenant (for which he won the Oscar), is repped by LBI Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day