- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eddie Redmayne is getting to ascend to leading man.
The actor, who is generating awards buzz for his portrayal of Marius in Les Miserables, is in talks to join Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis in Jupiter Ascending, the latest feature from Andy and Lana Wachowski.
Many details for Warner Bros.’ sci-fi project are being kept locked in the Matrix, but Tatum is playing a man named Django Wise and Kunis is attached to play a Russian immigrant named Jupiter.
Who Redmayne would play was not revealed.
The Wachowskis wrote the script and are to direct and produce, eyeing a early 2013 start.
Redmayne has made a name for himself in the theater world, receiving the Laurence Olivier Award as well as a Tony in 2010 for his work in the dramatic play Red.
On the film side, he has appeared in period films such as Elizabeth: The Golden Age and The Other Boleyn Girl and co-starred opposite Michelle Williams in My Week With Marilyn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day