- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
French producer Dimitri Rassam (The Little Prince) has teamed with Get Lifted Film Company on the project, which will see Wright — who achieved global fame as the scene-stealing Princess Shuri in Marvel’s Black Panther and also earned an Emmy nomination for her performance on the Black Mirror episode “The Black Museum” — play the female lead.
The original Le Brio was directed by Yval Attal and told the story of a young French-Arab woman (Camélia Jordana) who enrolls in university in the hope of becoming a lawyer, only to face racism-tainted humiliation from her controversial professor (Daniel Auteuil), who then becomes her mentor.
Endeavor Content has come on board the remake to co-finance, while Rassam is co-producing via his Paris-based outfit Chapter 2.
Alongside her performances as Shuri in Avengers: Infinity War and the upcoming as-yet-untitled follow-up, Wright is set to appear on the stage in London as the lead in The Convert, written by her fellow Wakandan Danai Gurira.
Wright, Legend and his Get Lifted partner Mike Jackson are repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day