- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Oscar-nominated Russian producer Alexander Rodnyansky has boarded Serbian film Requiem for Mrs. J as a producer.
Rodnyansky — who is due in Los Angeles next week for AFM, where he will present his latest Russian blockbuster The Duelist, which premiered last month at the Toronto International Film Festival — says he was attracted to the project by the strength of its director, Bojan Vuletic.
“Over the course of my career, I have always chosen to work with strong authors whose work tells us something about the world that we live in and capture on film and in their stories the most important issues that we face today,” said Rodnyansky.
Rodnyansky, who produced Andrei Zyagintsev’s Leviathan, which won a Golden Globe last year but lost out on the Oscar for best foreign-language film to Hungary’s Son of Saul, added, “Bojan is a very talented director and it is my pleasure to be a part of his new film.”
Requiem for Mrs. J tells the story of a middle-aged woman who decides to leave her affairs and relationships in order before committing suicide. Rodnyansky will co-produce with producer Nenad Dukic.
The film, a co-production between Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Russia, is being made on a budget of just under $1 million. In July it won the pitching award at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival in the Czech Republic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day