- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Liam Neeson is in negotiations to star in Non-Stop, an airline thriller. Dark Castle’s Joel Silver, Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman are producing.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the project is described by those in the know as a contained, gritty action thriller centering on an air marshal (Neeson) on a domestic flight.
With recent high-profile spec and pitch sales such as White House Down and Speeding Bullet, observers have noted a resurgent wave of self-contained action thriller a la Die Hard and Speed. (Silver produced the former, which engendered numerous imitators.) Non-Stop could join that group and at this point is likely to be the first out of the gate.
Dark Castle picked up the script, from John Richardson and Chris Roach, in August. Jeff Wadlow is set to direct.
Neeson, repped by CAA, is onscreen in Wrath of the Titans and this year proved his vitality as a box–office draw with survival movie The Grey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day