- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gladstone will play the role of Mollie Burkhart, an Osage Nation community member married to Ernest Burkhart, who is nephew of a powerful local rancher. Killers of the Flower Moon is based on David Grann’s book of the same name and has a script by Eric Roth.
Set in 1920s Oklahoma when the Osage Nation discovered oil under their land, the Native Americans found themselves being murdered one by one. As the death toll rose, the newly created FBI took up the case and unraveled a chilling conspiracy and one of the most monstrous crimes in American history.
Gladstone was raised on the Blackfeet Reservation in northwestern Montana and comes from the Kainai (Blood), Amskapi Piikani (Blackfeet), and Niimiipuu (Nez Perce) Tribal Nations. She had a breakout role in Kelly Reichardt’s Certain Women, and has other film credits with First Cow for A24, Alex and Andrew Smith’s Winter in the Blood and Walking Out, and TV credits with Billions and Room 104.
Scorsese will direct and produce Killers of the Flower Moon for Apple Studios and Imperative Entertainment. Producing alongside Scorsese are Dan Friedkin, Bradley Thomas and Appian Way Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day