- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount and Jerry Bruckheimer will adapt Young Woman and the Sea, a book by Glenn Stout.
Lily James is attached to star as Gertrude “Trudy” Ederle who was the first woman to ever swim across the English Channel in 1926. Only in her 20s at the time, Ederle beat the records held by the five men who has previously made the journey. She was also an Olympic champion and set several world records throughout her swimming career.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales screenwriter Jeff Nathanson will write the script.
Bruckheimer will produce, with Nathanson will exec.
James was the star of Disney’s live-action adaptation of Cinderella, which was a strong hit earlier this year and has earned $542.4 million worldwide.
She’ll next be seen in Screen Gems’ Pride and Prejudice and Zombies with Matt Smith. She’s also starring in The Kaiser’s Last Kiss with Jai Courtney, Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver with Ansel Elgort and TV miniseries War and Peace. James is repped by UTA and Tavistock Wood Management in the UK.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day