- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Malcolm McDowell and Richard Roundtree also join the ensemble cast for the feature that centers on two old friends who meet at a funeral and resolve to exact revenge on a widower who wronged them decades earlier. Weitz recently adapted the 2011 memoir Two Kisses for Maddy to direct Fatherhood for Netflix, which followed the journey of a recently widowed single father.
Andrew Miano, Stephanie Meurer and Weitz share the producing credits on Moving On through Depth of Field. Limelight’s Chris Parker and Dylan Sellers are financing the pic, while also producing Moving On, which is set to start production in Los Angeles later this year. Dan Balgoyen and Britta Rowings will executive produce.
Tomlin and Fonda star in Netflix’s Grace & Frankie, now in its seventh and final season and marking the streamer’s longest-running original ever. (The first four episodes released ahead of the full season’s 2022 debut.) The series portrays two diametrically different wives — played by Fonda and Tomlin — whose husbands walk out on them.
Deadline Hollywood was the first to reveal news on the Moving On film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day