- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At least in this Canyons trailer Lindsay Lohan and James Deen actually make an appearance.
In the second look at the indie film directed by Paul Schrader, grainy grindhouse campinesss pervades the entire one minute, 12-second trailer.
The film, penned by brat pack novelist Bret Easton Ellis, described itself on its Kickstarter page as following “five twenty-something’s quest for power, love, sex and success in 2012 Hollywood” — a subject that seems a natural fit for the American Psycho and Less Than Zero author.
Unlike The Canyons teaser — which essentially was just moody clips of Los Angeles scenery without any actors or hint of a plot shown — there’s some sense of what Schrader is going for with this new trailer.
“Where the sex is as cheap as the budget … and the only way out is death!” read the titles in the clip.
As for the casting of Lifetime’s Liz & Dick star alongside porn actor Deen, Schrader previously described his casting this way to The Hollywood Reporter: “He’s charismatic. Why do people look at Tom Cruise and not someone who looks just like Tom Cruise? He has that special something.”
The Canyons trailer, more than a little suggestively, heralds Deen as a “HUGE new talent.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day