- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Los Angeles Superior Court Judge sentenced Lindsay Lohan to 120 days in jail for violating probation by allegedly stealing a necklace in January.
The Mean Girls and Machete actress’ theft case had been reduced from grand theft to a misdemeanor earlier Friday but Lohan was ordered into custody after witnesses testified that she returned the $2,500 piece of jewelry only after learning that a search warrant was being served by the LAPD for it, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Lohan’s attorney, Shawn Holley, said she would immediately appeal the sentence. Lohan is expected to be released on bail by the evening.
Lohan has been in jail three times previously: in Nov. 2007 after pleading guilty to misdemeanor drug charges and no contest to three drunk driving charges; in July 2010 for violating probation by not attending mandatory alcohol education classes; and again in Sept. 2010 for breaking probation by failing a drug test.
Late last month, the actress avoided battery charges for allegedly getting into an altercation with a technician at the Betty Ford Center, where she underwent court-ordered rehab. The Betty Ford employee refused to press charges.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day