- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First Lindsay Lohan was considered for a role in the John Gotti biopic, Gotti: Three Generations. Then she was out. Then she was back in.
So what’s the real story?
At a April 12 press conference, producers said Lohan was indeed in talks to star in the mobster film, which will begin filming this fall in New York. She was believed to play Victoria Gotti, the blonde-tressed daughter of John Gotti.
Then on Wednesday, it was announced Lohan would not play that role.
“We are not talking any further about Lindsay playing Victoria,” producer Marc Fiore said in a statement. “She is no longer being considered. The talks have stopped. We are going to meet with other people [for the role].”
But later Wednesday, Lohan was back — in a different role. She’ll play John Gotti Jr.‘s wife, Kim. (Kim Kardashian was also considered for that role according to reports.)
“I’m really excited to be back on set and clear up all the misinterpretations about me and show this is what I love to do,” said the troubled actress, who is currently facing felony misdemeanor theft charges after allegedly swiping a necklace from a Venice, Calif. store.
John Travolta will play John Gotti, and Joe Pesci has been cast as Angelo Ruggiero.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day