- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate has snagged more than 250 new Miramax titles after expanding its home entertainment agreement.
The new packaged media titles from Miramax include Robert Rodriguez’s vampire series From Dusk Till Dawn, The Grifters, Dirty Pretty Things and Marvin’s Room with Leonardo DiCaprio and Meryl Streep. The first Blu-ray and DVD titles to be released under the new deal are timed for Halloween and include The Faculty, Venom and classic titles like Wes Craven Presents Dracula, Hellraiser and The Crow collections.
Read more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
The renewed distribution deal, unveiled by Ron Schwartz, Lionsgate president and general manager, sales and distribution home entertainment, brings to more than 700 the number of Miramax titles Lionsgate releases exclusively on DVD, Blu-Ray, EST and VOD.
Lionsgate and Miramax first signed their home entertainment deal in 2011. “We’re pleased to build on our longstanding successful relationship with Miramax by adding the remainder of the titles from one of the most prestigious catalogs in the world to our vast home entertainment library,” said Schwartz in a statement Tuesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day