- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Lionsgate has extended its multi-year output deal with Roadshow Films in Australia.
Village Roadshow’s theatrical distribution arm, which began releasing Lionsgate titles in 2012, will continue the arrangement by handling the live-action Power Ranger series, and the action comedy Mortdecai.
The new deal includes The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Parts 1 & 2 in November 2014 and November 2015, respectively.
“We’re pleased to extend our relationship with one of the premier distributors in Australia and delighted to bring them the most exciting feature film slate in our company’s history,” said Lionsgate motion picture group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman, and Lionsgate International COO Andrew Kramer, in a joint statement on Thursday.
The Roadshow Films agreement in Australia is part of a worldwide network of distribution for Lionsgate product.
Lionsgate’s Summit label films are distributed in Australia by Entertainment One.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day