- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate has signed a movie output deal with Fox Networks Group to supply first-run movies for Fox’s pay TV and cable channels across the region.
Fox also will get access to titles from Lionsgate’s movie vault. The first pics to come from the deal include the Divergent and Insurgent films from the Divergent franchise, the Oscar-nominated drama Philomena and Pantelion titles including Ladrones, starring Fernando Colunga and Eduardo Yanez.
“Our aim is always to garner maximum value from each of our titles, and this multiple-year output deal for pay TV and basic cable with such a major network in Latin America will enable our first-class programming to showcase widely across this important region,” Lionsgate president international TV and digital distribution Peter Iacono said Thursday in a statement.
The deal was brokered by Iacono, with Lionsgate’s senior vp sales Maryann Pasante and Fox Network Group Latin America senior vp acquisitions Richard Rohrbach.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day