- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fisk, most recently senior vp international marketing at Sony Pictures, where he led the studio’s international movie promotion, arrives at Lionsgate as its motion picture business continues to extend its reach worldwide after the success The Hunger Games and Divergent franchise releases.
Joining Lionsgate’s worldwide marketing and international theatrical groups, Fisk will develop international marketing campaigns for all films released across the studio’s varied labels. At Sony Pictures, his marketing campaign credits included work on tentpoles such as the James Bond films Spectre, Skyfall and Casino Royale; Insidious; the Resident Evil franchise; and the animated pics Hotel Transylvania and The Smurfs.
“Michael has proven himself to be an adept strategist during his tenure at Sony, spearheading the international campaigns of films representing a wide array of genres and numerous blockbuster franchises,” said Tim Palen, Lionsgate chief brand officer and president worldwide marketing, in a statement on Thursday.
Prior to joining Sony Pictures, Fisk worked for MGM and NBCUniversal. Lionsgate’s upcoming slate includes Now You See Me 2, the live-action Power Rangers film, Allegiant, Ascendant and the action thriller Deepwater Horizon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day