- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Lionsgate and educational toy maker LeapFrog Enterprises are pacting to develop, produce and distribute four new animated movies on the DVD and digital platforms from early 2014.
The deal extends Lionsgate’s distribution rights to LeapFrog’s catalog of animated DVDs featuring the Leap, Lily and Tad characters that take children on learning adventures that appeal to parents and educators.
Lionsgate has grabbed the worldwide distribution rights to the latest projects, which follow LeapFrog and the Canadian-based mini-studio since 2008 releasing 12 animated DVDs into the educational entertainment market.
LeapFrog retains rights to distribute the new content across its own proprietary digital platforms.
The latest partnership deal was unveiled by Anne Parducci, executive vp of marketing and family entertainment for Lionsgate, and Leapfrog CEO John Barbour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day