- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate has ordered two more movies from Tyler Perry after the successful release of Boo! A Madea Halloween, the director’s best showing in six years at the box office.
In a late October surprise, Boo! won the weekend box-office race with a stellar $27.6 million from 2,260 North American theaters.
Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer on Thursday told analysts that the prolific writer, director, producer and actor will remain in business with the studio and that one of the planned films will extend the Madea franchise.
Perry’s latest Madea pic, which also stars Bella Thorne, Diamond White and Cassi Davis, follows Perry’s popular character as she spends a haunted Halloween fending off killers, paranormal poltergeists, ghosts, ghouls and zombies while keeping a watchful eye on a group of misbehaving teens.
The filmmaker has done business with Lionsgate since the studio first released Diary of a Mad Black Woman in 2005.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day