- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate’s Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar comedy, from the Bridesmaids duo of Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, is headed to a premium VOD release after a planned July 16, 2020 theatrical launch was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The comedy from director Josh Greenbaum will be made available for online rental at a premium price from Feb. 12, 2021. The move from a traditional theatrical to a PVOD release on Valentine’s Day weekend comes as Hollywood struggles to rebound from the ongoing COVID-19 crisis by testing new release models.
Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar sees Wiig and Mumolo star as best friends Barb and Star, who leave their small Midwestern town for the first time to go on vacation in Vista Del Mar, Florida, where they soon find themselves tangled up in a villain’s plot to kill everyone in town.
Jamie Dornan also stars as a lovelorn spy who gets caught between the forces of good and evil, while Damon Wayans Jr., Fortune Feimster and Wendy McLendon-Covey also fill out the ensemble cast.
Wiig and Mumolo co-wrote the script for the Lionsgate comedy from Gloria Sanchez Productions, the female-focused production banner led by Jessica Elbaum and Will Ferrell, who produce the film along with Wiig and Mumolo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day