- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lisa Ray, co-star of Amazon Prime’s Four More Shots Please series, has joined R Culture, a #MeToo drama by director Alexa Polar for Butterfly Angel Entertainment.
Ray, a Canadian-Bollywood actress, will play a therapist for victims of sexual assault in the film co-written by Polar and Sarah Ann Masse. R Culture, to shoot in 2021, tells the story of a successful Spanish lawyer who moves to Los Angeles to start a new life after she marries a famous American painter.
When dark secrets from her husband’s past start to reveal themselves, she has to decide how to reclaim her voice and protect everyone she holds dear, while personal drama begins to unfold on a national stage.
The ensemble cast includes Marian Aguilera, Michelle Manu, Soraya Padrao and Vicenta N’Dongo. Stephen Downing and Kathy Dang are producing R Culture.
Ray is also known for her star turn in Deepa Mehta’s Water, and TV credits for Endgame, Murdoch Mysteries and Psych.
She is represented by Exceed Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day