- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Classic tropes found in the romantic comedies of the 2000s resurface in the official trailer for Little Italy.
Donald Petrie, known for rom-com favorites Miss Congeniality (2000) and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), returns to the genre to direct Emma Roberts and Hayden Christensen, who star as love interests at the center of a family rivalry.
Roberts plays Nikki Angioli, a chef living abroad who begrudgingly returns home to deal with visa-related issues she must sort through to receive a promotion.
Nikki’s native New York neighborhood is home to her large, meddling Italian family and their pizza business. Around the corner sits Leo Campo (Christensen), the attractive son of the Angiolis’ pizzeria rivals.
After Nikki comes home, the two find themselves entangled in a star-crossed romance fit for the 21st century, dealing with the fallout of their feuding families.
Alyssa Milano, Danny Aiello, Jane Seymour also star in the film, alongside Andrea Martin in a role reminiscent of her scene-stealing My Big Fat Greek Wedding part.
The film, set to debut in select theaters and on demand Sept. 21, arrives on the heels of this summer’s rom-com resurgence, led by films like Netflix’s The Kissing Booth and Set It Up.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day