- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mia Wasikowska (right) played Alice in Tim Burton‘s 2010 live-action Alice in Wonderland, which grossed more than $1 billion worldwide. The Australian actress, who had previously been known for her work in HBO’s In Treatment, was cast in the role in 2008, when she was 18. Wasikowska later appeared in The Kids Are All Right.
Lily James (middle), known for her role as Lady Rose MacClare in Downton Abbey, will appear as Cinderella in the upcoming Disney release of the same name. Before Cinderella, James appeared in Wrath of the Titans and Fast Girls.
Cinderella is slated for release in March.
In 2014, Anna Kendrick played Cinderella in Disney’s Into the Woods, which has been nominated for three Oscars, including best costume design and best production design.
Earlier last year, Elle Fanning played the sleepy Princess Aurora in Maleficent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day