- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There were plenty of mentions of Star Wars Day on May 4 at TV news stations around the country, but one station in Denver kicked it up a notch with an epic lightsaber battle that looks fantastic.
KMGH 7News meteorologist Lisa Hidalgo and traffic reporter Jayson Luber lock blades for control of the newsroom in the digital short that is a little more than three minutes long.
While some Star Wars TV news promos are cheesy and cringeworthy, the KMGH short doesn’t suffer from that problem. One of the best parts of the video is watching chief meteorologist Mike Nelson play the straight man to all the craziness going on around him.
As an added bonus, the video includes a rundown of how the unofficial nerd holiday came about.
The digital short was directed by Travis Lupher, a station producer who is also a filmmaker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day