- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No character in film history has had quite the run Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine has.
Over nine films released and 17 years, audiences have gotten to know Logan through his best and worst moments, with nearly 200 years of his story time portrayed onscreen. Jackman’s run with the character comes to an end Friday with the release of Logan, which is set in 2029 in a world in which mutantkind has largely died out.
To make sense of Logan’s journey, The Hollywood Reporter has put together a handy video, which tells his story chronologically, from X-Men Origins: Wolverine (which itself spans 1845 to the 1970s), moving to X-Men: First Class (which shows how in 1962 Logan told Prof. X and Magneto to go “f—” themselves) and carrying on through the original X-Men trilogy, set in the early 2000s. And of course, there’s also a nod to the timeline created by X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day