- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Whereas two years ago David Fincher brought to the big screen the story of how social networking took over the web, Miley Cyrus is now delivering a case study of the impact it has made on the digital generation.
And from this look, OMG — not all that much has changed.
Lionsgate’s upcoming teen comedy LOL, a remake of a French comedy of the same name, stars Cyrus as a frustrated high schooler caught in between friendships, relationships and the tough, overbearing love of her mom, played by Demi Moore. The second trailer features voiceover from the one-time Hannah Montana, as well as plenty of Facebook status updates chronicling the ups and downs of her love life.
It’s a bit of a fitting role for Cyrus, who has long been active on social media, sometimes tangling with fans, often defending herself, and occasionally posting provocative photos.
The film, from Lionsgate and Mandate, is set for a limited release on May 4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day