- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Universal has finally revealed the title of the first movie from The Lonely Island crew, and it’s as yolo as some of their song titles.
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping will tell the behind-the-scenes story of rapper Conner4Real (Andy Samberg), who is struggling to maintain his popularity after his “difficult second album” tanks and he manfully tries to remain relevant by reuniting with his former boy band.
Co-starring Sarah Silverman, Tim Meadows and Maya Rudolph, Popstar was written by Samberg and his Lonely Island bandmates Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer. Taccone and Schaffer will co-direct, with Judd Apatow and Rodney Rothman producing.
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping will hit theaters on June 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Boogeyman’ Director Rob Savage on Stephen King’s Blessing and the Very Good Reason Why Disney Had Him Remove a Toy Lightsaber
Matthew Broderick Reveals Tensions with John Hughes on ‘Ferris Bueller’: “He Was Not Easygoing”
Pamela Anderson Had One Big Rule for ‘Pamela: A Love Story’ Director: “Don’t Show Me Anything”