- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carrie Lazar is the latest addition to The Magnificent Seven’s all-star cast, THR has confirmed. She joins Chris Pratt, Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke and Matt Bomer in MGM’s remake of the 1960 western.
The Antoine Fuqua-directed film follows seven gunmen, hired by a woman (Haley Bennett), to protect her small Old West town from a group of savage bandits led by a robber baron, Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard).
John Lee Hancock and True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto wrote the script. Roger Birnbaum and Todd Black are producing, with Walter Mirisch and Fuqua exec producing. Byung-hun Lee, Vincent D’Onofrio, and Wagner Moura are also signed on to appear in the movie.
Lazar, who recently wrapped the indie film Love Is All You Need?, has a supporting role alongside The Magnificent Seven costar Billy Slaughter in Paramount’s upcoming drama The Big Short, starring Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale. Also on her plate this year is Jon Cassar’s drama/horror film, When the Bough Breaks.
Her TV credits include A&E’s Longmire, NCIS: New Orleans and Criminal Minds. She’s repped by Affinity Artists Agency and The O’Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day