- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For a movie about time travel, it sure took a while for Looper to reveal its first full trailer.
The Rian Johnson-written and directed flick features a heavily prosthetic-laden Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a mob hitman shortly before a time when bending the space-time continuum is standard commuting. He’s a promising young assassin who is given a very unenviable next assignment: killing his future, murder-happy self, who is played by Bruce Willis (hence the need for the makeup job), who is zapped back 30 years for the two-man, one-identity show down.
It took nearly an entire week of teases for this two minute spot to come out, as FilmDistrict put out three separate teaser videos ahead of its reveal.
With an aesthetic that calls out western noir with a dash of The Matrix, the film certainly looks unique, and one can expect a few more trailers — and many more teasers – ahead of its September 28 release date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
Paul Walter Hauser