- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Director Jack Bender will no longer helm Paramount’s forthcoming untitled Jack Ryan movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Bender has departed the project because of a scheduling conflict, a source said. He recently took on directing and executive producing duties for the Syfy pilot Rewind.
The Jack Ryan character from the novels by Tom Clancy is being refashioned for Star Trek star Chris Pine. The long-in-development reboot is being produced by Paramount and Skydance Pictures and is expected to begin filming this summer, once Pine finishes Star Trek 2.
A search will now begin in haste to select a new director. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the project.
The Jack Ryan hero has been played by Harrison Ford (Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger), Ben Affleck (The Sum of All Fears) and Alec Baldwin (The Hunt for Red October).
Bender, who was an executive producer and director on ABC’s Lost, is currently an executive producer and director of Fox’s Alcatraz. He is represented by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day