- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At least she has the look down right.
Marking a new chapter in her career, Amanda Seyfried, best known for her roles in Mama Mia! and Dear John, has taken on the teasing, inviting gaze of porn star-turned-activist Linda Lovelace. In this new poster, she captures the 70s-style allure that helped make Lovelace’s skin flick Deepthroat a national phenomenon, but doesn’t quite yet hint at the inner turmoil and tortured existence that made the late Lovelace’s eventual story of women’s rights campaigning such a compelling, and biopic-worthy, story.
Perhaps most impressive is the fact that Seyfried features alone on the poster, next to a cadre of bigger name stars, including James Franco (who plays Hugh Hefner), Sarah Jessica Parker (taking on the role of Gloria Steinem) and Sharon Stone (as Dorothy Boreman).
The film is one of two planned about Lovelace’s life, though the other, the troubled Inferno, may not ever get off the ground.
“I don’t know what’s been going on, I don’t know why it hasn’t gone yet,” the film’s would-be star, Malin Akerman, told The Hollywood Reporter recently. “I would hope and love for it to go, but now this other movie is coming on that Amanda Seyfried did, and I kind of feel like, ‘Shit, we should have been on that, we should have done it.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day