- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keith and Kenny Lucas are set to write and star in a semi-autobiographical comedy that has Judd Apatow attached to produce.
The project will focus on the Lucas brothers’ lives as identical twins in Newark, New Jersey. The brothers will write the screenplay with Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel.
Apatow, who most recently produced and directed Pete Davidson’s semi-autobiographical comedy feature The King of Staten Island, will produce via his Apatow Productions banner, with Universal set to distribute.
The brothers, repped by UTA, Fourth Wall Management and Hansen Jacobson, are also behind a reboot of Revenge of the Nerds from Seth MacFarlane, which will see them write and also star.
Past credits include Netflix stand-up special On Drugs and 22 Jump Street, as well as a story credit on Judas and the Black Messiah, which earned them a WGA nomination.
Apatow is gearing up to shoot pandemic-inspired comedy The Bubble for Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day