- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Luke Evans is finalizing a deal to play the villain in Fast 6, the latest installment of Universal’s Fast & Furious franchise.
Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are set to return as rogue heroes Brian O’Conner and Dominic Toretto. Dwayne Johnson is reprising his role as Diplomatic Security Service Agent Luke Hobbs, out to capture the boys. And Gina Carano will play a member of Johnson’s team.
The brakes are being slammed on plot details as sources say the action is set in Europe in this go-around, set to be released in May 2013.
Justin Lin is back to direct his fourth installment of the franchise, and Chris Morgan has also returned to write the script. Neal H. Moritz and Diesel are returning as producers.
Brit-based Evans is now shooting Peter Jackson’s adaptation of The Hobbit, in which he plays Bard the Bowman. He played Zeus in Tarsem Singh’s Immortals and stars opposite John Cusack in The Raven.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Venice Film Festival