- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Toronto International Film Festival will present a world premiere of Chinese-American singer-songwriter and actor Leehom Wang’s concert film, Leehom Wang’s Open Fire Concert, organizers said Thursday.
Bridging American and Chinese pop cultures, the doc chronicles Wang’s two sold-out concerts at Beijing’s iconic Bird’s Nest stadium.
The TIFF screening on Sept. 15 will be followed by a Q&A and live performance in Toronto by the global pop sensation. “It’s an honor to be selected for the Toronto International Film Festival among many of the world’s greatest filmmakers,” Taiwan-based Wang said Thursday in a statement.
The American-born Chinese superstar’s acting credits include Ang Lee’s Lust, Caution, Michael Mann’s Blackhat and Stanley Tong’s China Strike Force.
The 41st Toronto International Film Festival is set to run Sept. 8-18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day