- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Chinese actors Wei Tang and Leehom Wang, who starred in Ang Lee’s Lust, Caution, have joined the cast of Michael Mann’s untitled cyber thriller being made by Legendary Pictures.
Chris Hemsworth is toplining the pic, which has been described as being in the vein of Mann’s crime movies Heat and Thief but with a technology angle, focusing on cyber theft and cyber attacks. Mann wrote the script with Morgan Foehl.
It also has an international focus, with shoots being eyed not just in Los Angeles but Hong Kong and other locales.
Plot details are unhackable, but it is known that Tang and Wang will play a brother-and-sister duo. Tang also will be Hemsworth’s love interest.
Academy Award nominee Viola Davis also is part of the cast.
Thomas Tull, Mann and Jon Jashni are producing, with Alex Garcia executive producing.
Production is set to begin in June.?
Tang is repped by CAA. Wang is represented by Untitled Entertainment.?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day